Wednesday, January 9, 2019

I will be Running in the Jerusalem Marathon - with your help!

To my Dear Family, Shul Members & Friends:

On March 15th 2019 I will, God willing, be running my first half marathon (13.1 miles) in Jerusalem for the benefit of Kav L’Noar through the help of the RabbisCanRun (RCR) program.  Kav L’Noar is a special family center in Israel that provides subsidized behavioral and emotional rehabilitative services to adolescents at risk and their families. The RCR initiative was developed to help raise much needed funds while also helping Rabbis improve their health and get more active. This year 13 Rabbis will be training and running together in Yerushalyim.

I have already started my training and will slowly be building my endurance in order to reach my training goal. I know training for the race will not be easy and will require time, commitment and consistent running. However I am ready for the challenge and believe that youth at risk and good health are matters worth the effort.

Please join me now in supporting Kav L’Noar to help me reach my individual goal of raising $6,000 and our collective goal of $90,000.  Funds raised will be managed by Olami but distributed to Kav L’Noar. Donations for any amount will be accepted and greatly appreciated.


Here are 5 very good reasons to donate:
1.    To help your Rabbi/Mohel/friend/family member successfully complete the race in Jerusalem
2.    To do a great deed out of pure kindness and help Kav L’Noar continue to help children & families
3.    To donate to a great cause with a great track record
4.    To show gratitude to Kav L’Noar for standing up to the challenge of helping teens in crisis
5.    To partner with me and do something truly amazing that will change the lives of youths in Israel while also helping to raise awareness regarding the importance of exercising and being healthy.


Competition is always good ☺ To compare how much has been raised in this campaign against what the other rabbis have raised, click here

If you prefer not to contribute online, checks can be made payable to Morasha Olami (earmarked FBO Kav L’Noar and Rabbi Avi Billet) and mailed to the address below.

Meir Kaniel
Attn: RabbisCanRun
174 Rutherford Blvd
Clifton, NJ 07014

The day of the marathon will arrive faster than you think so if you can help please don’t delay. I would also be so grateful if you would share this email with others to help spread the word regarding this very special program.

With your help I will be able to cross the finish-line together with the other Rabbis as we inspire others to improve their health while also helping youth at risk and families.

Thank you so very much for your encouragement, support, and participation!

Avi Billet

No comments:

Post a Comment